♥ 200g of DROPS Big Delight in Autumn Forest
♥ 4.5mm hook
♥ darning needle
♥ stiff cardboard
Stitches; ch = chain
htr = half treble crochet (half double crochet (hdc) in US terms) How to do a htr;
1. Yarn round hook.
2. Insert the hook in to the stitch, yarn round hook again and pull through loop (3 loops on hook).
3. Yarn round hook and pull through all 3 loops on the hook.
4. Your stitch is complete!
5. Ta-dah! Carry on repeating steps 1-4 to complete your scarf.To start;
Row 1; In 3rd chain from hook, work 1htr, 1htr in each stitch across until the end, turn. Row 2; 2ch, 1htr in each stitch across until the end, turn.
Repeat row 2 130 times or until your scarf is as long as you require, remembering to leave enough yarn for the tassels.
If you like, you can add tassels on to each end of your scarf. To make a tassel;
1. Wrap your yarn round the card 15 times.
2. Cut through the yarn at one end of the cardboard.
3. Make a loose loop with the yarn.
4. Insert a thick crochet hook (I used 8mm) in to the edge of the scarf where you want the tassel to be.
5. Hook the loop of yarn through the scarf.
6. Pop the ends of the yarn through the loop.
7. Pull the ends tight.
8. When you have put 5 tassels on each end, trim them all to the same length.
Ta-dah! You have your very own Woodland Winter Scarf!